Members attending CWEA’s April 28th Annual Business Meeting unanimously approved the slate of nominees for the 2017-18 Board of Directors as recommended by the Board:
- Vice President from the North (becoming President in 2019-20): Kevin Calderwood, Senior Project Manager at HDR
- Director from the South: Vicki Conway, Departmental Engineer, Wastewater Management, Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County
- Director from the North (to be Treasurer): Ken Merkle, Senior Collection System Supervisor, City of Stockton
- WEF Delegate Director from the North: Matt Winkelman, Project Manager, GHD
Two additional directors joined the Board who are not elected by the general membership, but come to the Board through their respective committees and are appointed by the President:
- Southern Regional Chair: Nikki Crumpler, Laboratory Analyst, Big Bear Regional Wastewater Agency
- Technical Certification Program Chair: Tony Pirondini, Water Quality Manager, City of Vacaville
Debi Lewis, P.E., Stantec took office as CWEA’s President at the Annual Conference business meeting.
Garry Parker, Encina Wastewater Authority, becomes the CWEA Immediate Past President.