The Kirt Brooks Memorial Scholarship from the Scholarship Committee provides annual scholarships for individuals attending a College, University, Community College or Technical Trade School and pursuing a course of study related to the Water Environment Field. It is awarded to applicants selected by the Scholarship Committee.
WHEN MUST APPLICATIONS BE IN?
Applications must be submitted by January 15.
Be sure to grab the following material and then head to the awards site to apply!
- Official transcript from present or last school attended. Must be on school form. A scanned copy will be accepted. Online transcripts will not be accepted.
- Statements of career, educational, and personal goals as they apply to the water environment industry (1000 words or less – Prepare separately to paste into online form)
- Need for financial aid – how this scholarship will meet your financial need for the upcoming term. Include all sources of financial aid or income to be used for your education and the impact to your education if you do not receive this scholarship. (Prepare separately to paste into online form)
- Two (2) letters of reference. Letters should be on the letterhead of the firm, school or organization involved and reference specific duties, or classes taken, as well as dates. These can come from co-workers, supervisors, professors, classmates, instructors, etc. Be sure to ask them a few weeks before you start your online application to give them time to prepare. Scanned letters will be accepted.
- CWEA member sponsor – could be yourself or anyone you know that is a member – family, co-worker, friend, professor, etc…